Monday 3rd October 2022
Registration link which describes the event: Eventbrite Registration
It was our pleasure to invite trainee teachers to an ALL London reception as they start their teaching journey. We thank them for joining us at the event, and we very much hope that they will want to join us as members of an association which aims to accompany teachers at all stages of their career, supporting through events, online communications, resources, representation and friendship.
Here are some photos which capture the event. (Let us know if any need to be removed!! No questions asked ..!) Click the photo to take you to our Flickr album.
Here are the key links for what to do next’!
- Join ALL (those who signed up to the event have a 10% discount code). This will get you onto a regular mailing list, give you access to excellent online content on our website, especially useful for your training, ensure you receive our regular magazine and make you eligible for significant discounts at events.
- Register for the wonderful online Language Show – just £10 for access to loads of webinars over three days, including our own show and tell on Friday 11th at 4.45 (It would be great if you could contribute, but you can just sit back and listen if you prefer!) (Those who signed up for the event have the chance to win a free place!)
- Register for our face-to-face January event – 21st January at the BFI (British Film Institute) – only £1.37 (the registration fee) if you are a trainee teacher/ECT. Topics will include preparing your CV for job applications, primary, the new and current GCSE, and A level . All exam boards will be there to answer your questions.
Many thanks to the ALL volunteers who contributed to the event:
- Dr Judith Rifeser who coordinated the event and the speakers and gave a comprehensive session on all the things ALL and its corporate sponsors offer. Presentation here: London ALL Oct 2022 ALL your professional association Trainee Teacher 2022 FINAL
- Dr Simon Coffey of King’s college who arranged the wonderful Science Gallery venue with its very helpful and cheerful staff, and gave a thoughtful introduction to the background to language teaching and the value of associations
- Julien Violette of Harris Federation who gave top tips for using tech. Presentation here: ALL London Reception for Trainee Teachers 2022 JVI
- Wanda Marshall who arranged the ice-breaker – ‘find someone who …’ activity. Downloadable here – you may want to adapt it for your own classes): Find someone who ALL 3 Oct A5
- Maud Waret, who inspired us to decolonise our curriculum (presentation will appear here!) She is a superb model of someone who makes excellent use of networks such as ALL to take forward a mission to change the world! Maud WARET @ALL
- Miriam Paridjanian, who demonstrated a practical method for ensuring wellbeing of students and teachers
- Nick Mair, who demonstrated a 3-tense magic trick as an example of an activity which could encourage an otherwise reluctant pupil to attend a language lesson and who warned us to be prepared for the job application process which starts in January. (He will give a practical support session in January). French version of trick here: cups and balls – Une illusion with french v1
- Darnelle Constant-Shepherd, who very generously donated books to support trainees. (Thanks also to her husband who carried the books to the venue!)
- Committee members Jayne Gill, Ali Koubaa, Jayne Gill, Sharon Mangion, Fatima Khaled, and Special Guest Star, Dr Jennifer Eddy, all the way from NYC, all of whom supported and mingled and showed what a friendly bunch we are!
We wish trainee and new teachers all the best for their training and look forward to welcoming them at our future events.
Thank for your interest!