A Webinar with Nick Brown: EPQ Part 2
October 21 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
PLEASE NOTE EARLY START – 6.30 PM
ALL London organises webinars for the MFL community and this webinar, held in a Zoom room and also viewable on an unlisted YouTube stream, is open to all MFL teachers. We hope that you will like us and want to join!
We also thank the presenters, who give freely of their time and expertise. Where possible, most sessions are recorded and available for viewing later.
The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) offers learners the chance to investigate any aspect of the culture of a language that they are studying, speak at home or would like to start at university At level 3, the EPQ carries the same points as an AS level – it is the standard of an A level but only half the breadth.
Following on from his introductory session last June, Nick will cover the basic principles of the Extended Project Qualifications, including; choosing a good title, assessment criteria and how it can enhance your learners’ cultural understanding. The presentation will include a range of examples and ‘tips and tricks.’
Project learning is ideally suited to both a face to face and an online learning environment. Learning is richer and more rewarding when learners have the skills they need to take charge of the learning process and when they have the opportunity to utilise questions and challenges that engage their interest.
WELCOME TO OUR PRESENTER
Nick Brown is a teacher of Languages with a passion for project work He has been a head of department in schools in a variety of different contexts and worked as an assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Teaching and Learning. He spent a year’s secondment as a county adviser and his master’s degree focussed on preparing students for life beyond the classroom. He has produced guidelines on how teachers can best use the EPQ with their language learners.
Don’t forget to join ALL or renew your membership to ensure you have access to all the great member benefits! https://www.all-languages.org.uk/join/
- Through registering you will receive a link to the Zoom room and an unlisted YouTube stream. This must not be shared with others.
- Please register with your full name and note that you must enter the zoom room with your full name which will be visible to all in the chat.
- Registrations close 60 minutes before the start of the event.
- Please download the latest version of the Zoom client for the best experience: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Please read the Webinar page of our website for more information about how to join a Webinar. In particular, please read our etiquette on participating in a webinar: http://www.all-london.org.uk/site/index.php/webinars/webinar-information/
We look forward to seeing you!